Extreme Motoring - Alaska's First Automobiles
A great museum exhibit & NOW the auto museum's second Fountainhead book
Winter Hours - Sundays - Noon to 6pm
Closed Monday through Saturday
Our goal at Wedgewood Resort is to provide you with the perfect Fairbanks vacation experience. While here you'll enjoy a combination of comfortable lodging, fabulous hospitality and preferred access to one of Fairbanks, top attractions - the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.
Wedgewood Resort and Bear Lodge guests enjoy VIP access to this nationally acclaimed museum, where you'll discover fabulous historic fashions and remarkable antique cars that show how automobile and clothing design evolved dramatically from the Victorian Age through the Art Deco era. See Alaska's first car and explore the Territory's unusual automotive history through exhibits, photographs and archival videos. More than 100 vintage costumes are on display, as well as special clothing exhibits.
Our collection features over 80 vehicles, including horseless carriages, steamers, electric cars, speedsters, cyclecars, midget racers and 30s classics. These include such rarities as an 1898 Hay Motor Vehicle, 1906 Compound, 1920 Argonne and 1921 Heine-Velox Victoria. Remarkably, all but a few of the automobiles are driven, making this a true "living museum." Be sure to bring your camera - there's even an automobile you can climb into for photos!
Stay with us at Wedgewood Resort and you'll receive special museum benefits and more:
• Your choice of full-appointed suites and spacious guestrooms
• On-site restaurant, lounge, espresso bar, internet cafe and gift shop - summer months
• Discounted admission passes to UA Museum of the North
• See antique cars in action and visit with drivers right outside the hotel lobbies
• View displays of vintage clothing and classic car photography inside the hotels
• Complimentary wireless internet access throughout resort
• Complimentary Around Town Express to Fairbanks popular attractions
• Resort activities - self guided nature trails at the wildlife sanctuary and evening Alaska movies
• Meeting facilities, catering and free parking for visiting car clubs
Winter Hours: mid-September through mid-May
HOURS - Sundays - Noon to 6 pm